Friday, September 16, 2016

Etude House vs Daiso Eyebrow Pencil and Brow Gel

They say full on "brows on fleek" is the new red lipstick. I must say I totally agree to that.

As someone who was born with barely there sparse brows, I am thankful that the recent years beauty trend has allowed me to greatly improve on how I do my brows. I believe that doing the brows greatly affect the overly appearance of a person. I look at my teenage and college pictures and I could just wish this "kilay on fleek" trend has been around when I was younger, like when I was in high school or in college because I could have totally made some improvements on my appearance then.

But at the very least, I have now learned how to do my brows to make it look as fleek as possible. I have tried almost every possible economical and budget-friendly ways to make my brows look fuller in a daily basis. That means I draw or do my brows whenever I go out. I can definitely go out with nothing on my face expect for my made-up brows. That’s how important it is for me.

Daiso Eyebrow Pencil
Daiso Eyebrow Pencil and Daiso Brow Gel



I have tried a lot of products - from eyebrow pencils, eyebrow powders, brow kits, and so on. I used to spend at least 15-30 minutes doing my brows whenever I get out of the house. That is something my husband has learned to accept ever since I began drawing on brows. But life happened and I became a mom. As a first time mom that was "yaya-less", I could barely comb my hair, much more do my brows whenever we'd go out when my daughter was at least a month or 2 months. But by the succeeding months, as I was getting the hang of how it is to join the motherhood club, I was already able to squeeze in time to do minimal makeup whenever we had to go out like for monthly Pedia checkup, vaccinations, or even just malling or doing the groceries.

But I could not do my brows for 15 minutes like I used to when I was still childless. This time it’s totally different. I could barely even spare some time to use my bath scrubs because sometimes, even bathing could be a luxury and has to take up only 5 minutes. So I really made sure my brow routine was quick and easy-to-do.

That was when I decided to buy auto eyebrow pencils, those that has retractable pens on one end, and spoolie on the other. They were so convenient to use because they did not require sharpening unlike my usual Ever Bilena brow pencils. They also has a spoolie on one end so I don’t have to grab another tool which is the spoolie brush on my makeup kit to brush and diffuse the applied product or simply put, to blend out the harsh edges lessening the drawn eyebrow appearance. The retractable pen usually comes in a slant tip where one side is narrower than the other. This makes sure that the tip is somewhat sharp every time I use it. The wider side is used for fast filling in of the eyebrow area.

But as I am getting used to my Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil and Brow Gel, I recently went to Daiso in Ayala Centrio and I was able to buy almost the same products with just the cost of 88pesos each. I could tell you that the products were comparable to the more expensive Etude House eyebrow products, but they were almost of the same quality. The Daiso Eyebrow Pencil and Brow Gel also performed well in terms of longevity and making sure my eyebrows appeared nice and "on fleek". Most importantly, they were also very easy and convenient to apply.

A closer look of my new found budget friendly eyebrow products:

Daiso Eyebrow Pencil and Brow Gel
Etude House Eyebrow Drawing Pencil and Brow Gel vs Daiso Eyebrow Pencil and Brow Gel



Definitely, this is the cheapest yet most effective eyebrow products that I've had so far.

Till my next post.

Love,

Mommy A


No comments:

Post a Comment